DoM Annual Day Research Awards: Nominations now open!
DoM Annual Day, scheduled for Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at the Toronto Reference Library, may seem far away, but it is time to start the process of soliciting nominations for the DoM internal research awards.
There are three DoM Research awards in total:
- The William Goldie Prize and Travel Award (Research) is awarded annually to a member of the department who is within 10 years of appointment to the department and who has made a contribution of notable merit to the advancement of sound knowledge in internal medicine through research. **Please note that the 10 year window of eligibility can be extended in cases where the nominee was off work due to parental or illness leave.**
- Eaton Scholar Researcher of the Year Award for Basic Science recognizes a member of the Department of Medicine who has demonstrated sustained excellence as a basic scientist and role model over several years
- Eaton Scholar Researcher of the Year Award for Clinical Science recognizes a member of the Department of Medicine who has demonstrated sustained excellence as a scientist and role model over several years. This award encompass a variety of types of research including, but not restricted to, education research, clinical trials, outcomes, clinical epidemiology and health services research.
A list of previous winners is available on the Department of Medicine Prizes & Awards webpage.
In past years, nominations were solicited from Departmental Division Directors, Physicians in Chief and Vice-Presidents from the various research institutes. This year the DoM Research Awards committee has opted to open nominations up to the whole department, including self-nominations. If you are self-nominating, or nominating a fellow faculty member, please notify the DDD of the nominee as well.
- Clinician Scientists and Clinician Investigators are eligible for all three of the awards
- All nominees must have a primary appointment to the Department of Medicine
- Please notify the DDD of the nominee and encourage them to also submit a nomination. Multiple nominations are welcome.
The nominations will be reviewed by the DoM Research Awards Committee and winners will be announced at Annual Day.
The Department of Medicine is strongly committed to diversity within their communities and especially welcome applications from racialized persons / persons of color, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please contact Dr. Michael Farkouh or Joanna King if you have any questions about this process. Thank you!