April 2019 CREST Meeting
The next CREST (Collaboration of Researchers, Educators, Scholars and Teachers) meeting is on Friday, April 26th from 11 AM to 1 PM. It will be held in our normal location: Department of Medicine Boardroom, RFE3-805 – 190 Elizabeth Street. For planning purposes, we ask that you please indicate if you will be attending either in-person or by GoToMeeting. Here's the agenda:
11:00-12:30: Journal Club and DoM-focused Discussion
Come and learn about issues and challenges with teaching assessments. Join us for a Journal Club that will focus on the following article:
- McKnight L, Morgan A. A broken paradigm? What education needs to learn from evidence-based medicine. Journal of Education Policy. 2019 Feb 17:1-7.
Discussion: We will brainstorm about HOW to translate education research into practice. How do we translate our research into action in the DoM? What limits us from doing this, and how can we build on previous positive examples?
If you cannot access the full text of the article, please let Christian know.
12:30-1:00: Scholarly Project Incubator
Get advice and input from your colleagues and peers on new and evolving ideas for research and scholarship. Please email Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book time for this.
While we encourage you to come and meet face-to-face, we offer a GoToMeeting web conference to help broaden input:
1. Please join the online meeting by clicking here
2. For audio, use your microphone and speakers (VoIP)—a headset is recommended—or call in using your telephone:
- Toronto: (647) 497-9353
- Canada (toll-free): 888 455 1389
- Access Code: 148-014-973
- Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting online
- Meeting ID: 148-014-973
Please use a webcam so that we can also see you and foster engagement.